Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
- Naville led excavations in the Umm el-Qa'ab area, as well as cemetery A and cemetery B.
- Ayrton and Loat began work in cemetery F in the North cemetery area which mainly contained Old Kingdom burials, although a few from the Twelfth Dynasty, Eighteenth Dynasty and the Late Period were found.
- Work was also started in cemetery G and cemetery K which contained mostly Middle Kingdom remains.
- Cemeteries O, Q, W, X, Y and Z are also areas in the North cemetery that were worked on in this season.
- Cemetery T and cemetery R were explored in the Middle (South) cemetery.
Catalogue of exhibition of antiquities: found by the officers of the Egypt Exploration Fund at Abydos and Mahasna; exhibited at King's College, Strand, July 8th to July 31st, 1909 / Egypt Exploration Fund. 1909. London : Egypt Exploration Fund.
Garstang, John 1909. Excavations at Abydos, 1909: preliminary description of the principal finds. Annals of Archeology and Anthropology 2, 125-129.
Loat, W. Leonard S. 1923. A sixth dynasty cemetery at Abydos. The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 9.3/4 (Oct.), 161-163.
Naville, Édouard 1908. "Excavations at Abydos", Archaeological Report (Egypt Exploration Fund), 1-5.
Sowada, Karin N. 2010. Forgotten Cemetery F at Abydos and burial practices of the late Old Kingdom. In Woods, Alexandra, Ann McFarlane, and Susanne Binder (eds), Egyptian culture and society: studies in honour of Naguib Kanawati 2, 219-232. Cairo: Conseil Suprême des Antiquités.