The excavations were sponsored by the Graeco-Roman branch and thus were concerned with recovering cartonnage from the Graeco-Roman period rather than objects or material from different time periods.
Excavations were started on February 19 and ended on the 26th.
Over a 100 graves were excavated in the Roman cemetery. The excavator notes a lead tablet with a Greek inscription.
Johnson, John de M. 1912. Graeco-Roman branch. Archaeological Report (Egypt Exploration Fund) (1911-1912), 12-16.