Type of fieldwork:
Note on Distribution:
The preface (p. xii) of Temples of Armant published in 1940 notes that "The distribution of objects took place during the difficult conditions of the first weeks of September, 1939, and although it is hoped that the distribtion lists attached to each register are correct, it is possible that minor errors may have crept in. ... A few of the objects have initials against them, and these were all objects bought and owned privately by members of the staff, with the exception of one pot handed to Miss Caton-Thompson, and the statue of wazir [sic], S. 637', which is in the hands of Mr. Fisher, who is hoping to restore it".
Relevant archive holdings:
London, Lucy Gura Archive, Egypt Exploration Society