Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
The site had originally been examined by Georges Daressy in 1898 who wanted to identify the site as Dionysias, however inscriptions recovered by the British excavations in 1901 refute this.
Daressy, Georges 1900. Rapport sur el-Yaouta (Fayoum). Annales du Service des Antiquités de l'Égypte 1, 44-47.