Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
1937-38 Gilf Kebir
The expedition centred on the east side of Gilf Kebir where a Chellean and Acheulean site was found next to an ancient lake, in addition to two Neolithic sites at the head of the wadis which fed into the lake. Flints were retained from the earlier sites along with pottery, ostrich shell beads, decorated ostrich shells, some crude stone carvings, and a wide-variety of stone implements.
Bagnold, R.A.; Myers, O.H.; Peel, R.F. ; Winkler, H.A.: An Expedition to the Gilf Kebir and 'Uweinat, 1938. In: The Geographic Journal. Band 93, Nr. 4, 1939, 281–313.