Toledo, OH, Toledo Museum of Art
Founded by Edward Drummond Libbey in 1901, the Toledo Art Museum contains more than 30,000 objects. Libbey donated 230 objects to the Egyptian Gallery when the museum first opened, later extending the collection with visits to Egypt to purchase antiquities in the early 1900s. The Egypt Exploration Fund played an important part in furthering the collection, donating a number of objects. In 1991, some objects from stores were sold to the McClung Museum at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, see Evans 2013. Of the ones that specify, some of the 1915 objects went to the McClung Museum at the University of Tennessee and 1915.98 went to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Some of the 1925 objects went to the Rosicrucian Egyptian, Oriental Museum in San Jose, CA and also the McClung again. 1925.782-784, 1925.787, and 1925.791 were withdrawn and given to The Toledo Scale Company for their museum of weights. Others were listed as sold at Sotheby's and have no further details.
Evans, Elaine Altman 2013. Edward Libbey: an American glass magnate collects in Egypt. In Fortenberry, Diane (ed.), Souvenirs and new ideas: travel and collecting in Egypt and the Near East, 24-38. Oxford; Oakville: Oxbow.
Peck, William H. and Sandra E. Knudsen 2011. Egypt in Toledo: the ancient Egyptian collection at the Toledo Museum of Art. Edited by Paula Reich. Toledo, OH: Toledo Museum of Art.