Paisley, Paisley Free Public Library and Museum
Paisley Museum was Scotland’s first municipal museum which opened in 1871 and incorporated collections that had been amassed by the Paisley Philosophical society since 1808. A major donor was Peter Coats, a partner in the large firm of thread makers J&P Coats, and he paid for new art and sculpture galleries in 1882. There are about 330 objects in the Egyptian collection.
81 items were donated by the Royal Scottish Museum (National Museum of Scotland) in 1955. In 1951 they acquired material from Liverpool that had been excavated under John Garstang at Beni Hassan.
Hunter, Robin and Susan Hunter 2005. Catalogue of Egyptian antiquities in Paisley Museum. [Paisley?]: Renfrewshire Local History Forum.