Hildesheim, Pelizaeus Museum
The Pelizaeus collection was established in 1911, to display William Pelizaeus’ collection of Egyptian antiquities that he donated to Hildesheim in 1907. The objects span 4,000 years of life in ancient Egypt, and are now housed within the Roemer-Pelizaeus Museum.
The Qasr Ibrim distribution was sent in 1994 and comprised objects recovered from several seasons of excavation between 1963 and 1984.
Related archive documents
- DIST.75 19
Magen, Barbara 2012. "Der Tod in der Wüste": die Neukonzeption des dritten Teils der Dauerausstellung Ägypten im Roemer- und Pelizaeus-Museum, Hildesheim. aMun 44, 16-19.Hildesheim.
Roeder, Günther 1921. Die Denkmäler des Pelizaeus-Museums zu Hildesheim. Hildesheim.