Miss Josephine Gilstrap (28th April -9th July 1943) was a supporter of the BSAE based in Newark, Nottinghamshire. Between 1900 and 1910, she contributed to the BSAE and visited some of the excavations. She received three large wooden cases that remained unopened in one of her coach houses until 1942 when she gave them to Mr Arthur Smith of the Gilstrap Public Library and Municipal Museum, an institution her uncle had founded. The collection was displayed for two months in April - May 1952 and then transferred to Liverpool in June 1952. There are 168 items, mainly from Tarkhan, Kafr Ammar and Shurafa.