Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
Cambridge, Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge
The museum was founded in 1884 as the Museum for General and Local Archaeology, originally housing the collection of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society and 1500 Fijian objects from the former govenor of Fiji Sir Arthur Hamilton. The collection grew based as a result of fieldwork and personal collections. Recent estimates are that the MAA holds approximately Egyptian 600 objects from EEF/EES excavations and approximately Egyptian 800 objects from ERA/BSAE excavations (with thanks to Imogen Gunn for the information).