Brussels, Musées royaux d'Art et d'Histoire
The museum is part of a consortium of institutions, the Cinquantenaire Museum contains collections relating to local history, archaeology, world culture, and the decorative arts. The origins of the collection are in the 15th-17th centuries as a home for the collections of the Burgundian dukes and subsequently the Habsburg archdukes, but some of this collection was transfered to the Imperial collections in Vienna. The collection was eventually transferred to another location, Halle Gate, which also became too small and so the Classical collection was moved to the Cinquantenaire palace in 1889, with the ethnographic collection being transfered in 1906 to the same building.
Jean Capart (1877-1947) started as a conservator in 1900 at the museum and was Director of the museum from 1925-42.
Vanhulle, Dorian 2013. Les stèles funéraires royales des deux premières dynasties à Abydos: à propos de la "stèle" de Den des Musées royaux d'Art et d'Histoire de Buxelles. Chronique d'Égypte 88 (176), 203-229.