Current name(s) of destination(s):
Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens
It was established in 1846, in the Athenaeum Building on Fawcett Street, the first municipally funded museum in the country outside London.
Notes on distribution:
The museum holds 70 ancient Egyptian objects, only some of which are from excavation. The material from Sedment was donated in 1921 by Sir James Marr.
Related archive documents
Excavations from which artefacts are distributed: