Dublin, The Classical Museum, University College
The museum was founded by Reverend Henry Browne in 1910 as a teching collection for the university. The collection was largely assembled by him but also augmented by loans or exchanges with both the British Museum and the Ashmolean Museum. The collection was also added to with the acquistion of marble stelai from the contents sale of Sir George Cockburn's house. The collection contains Greek, Roman and Egyptian objects.