Berlin, Museum für Byzantinische Kunst, Bode-Museum
The collection of Late Antique and early Christian artefacts was originally started by Wilhelm von Bode (1845-1929) who in 1900 acquired from the German counci in Cairo, Carl Reinhardt (1856-1903), a large number of textiles. In 1900 von Bode comissioned Josef Strzygowski (1862-1941) to seach for appropriate artefacts from Egypt and elsewhere for the collection originally for the Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum after Emperor Fredrick III, the museum was renamed in honour of its first curator in 1956. For the most part the collection from Egypt was purchased but there were some excavated examples which were originally from the collections of the Ägyptisches Museum und Papyrussammlung and the Kunstgewerbemuseum. These objects were transfered to the Museum für Byzantinische Kunst in 1934, 1935, and 1968.
The object from these excavations at Matmar and Mostagedda were transfered to the Ägyptisches Museum in 1931 and then transfered to the Museum für Byzantinische Kunst in 1934-35, however all the objects have been missing since the second World War. There is one lamp from Lahun in the collection.
Fluck, Cäcilia 2014. Findspot known: treasures from excavation sites in Egypt in the Museum für Byzantinische Kunst, Berlin. British Museum Studies in Ancient Egypt and Sudan 21, 1-30.