Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
The Roman town consisted of houses often with plastered wall with storerooms. There is a brick temple dedicated to Sobek and Isis to the west of the town and a cemetery to the southwest of the town.
Grenfell, Bernard P. and Arthur S. Hunt 1899. Graeco-Roman branch: excavations for papyri in the Fayum; the position of Lake Moeris. Archaeological Report (Egypt Exploration Fund) (1898-1899), 8-15.