The site is located near the modern town of Harit and is comproised of larger houses that the excavators noted at the time were sometimes preserved for at least the first storey. The town seems to have been active from the Ptolemaic period till the 4th century. At the west of the town was an extensive cemetery used from the early Ptolemaic to the late Roman period.
Grenfell, Bernard P. and Arthur S. Hunt 1899. Graeco-Roman branch: excavations for papyri in the Fayum; the position of Lake Moeris. Archaeological Report (Egypt Exploration Fund) (1898-1899), 8-15.