Wellington, Dominion Museum
The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington, was founded in 1865 as the Colonial Museum and renamed in 1907 as the Dominion Museum. The Dominion Museum subscribed to the Egypt Exploration Fund from the early 20th century. In 1998 the museum was once more renamed the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa to reflect contemporary views of New Zealand’s heritage and identity. The museum houses large collections of artworks, Taonga Maori and Pacific culture material, natural history and history objects of which their Egyptian collection is a part.