Tunbridge Wells Museum and Art Gallery
A small natural history museum existed at the rooms of the Literary and Scientific Society in the 1830s, although the present Museum was founded much later following the formation of the Natural History and Philosophical Society in the late 1880s. The resultant Society collections were eventually accepted by the town to form the nucleus of the Municipal Educational Museum, which opened in 1918. The Borough Council began building a new Civic Centre in the 1930s and the purpose-built Library and Museum building was completed after the Second World War. [information sourced from Cornucopia: http://cornucopia.orangeleaf.com/html/search/verb/GetRecord/7156]
According to Cornucopia much of the provenanced material is linked to the Egyptologist Frederick William Green.