Salisbury, Blackmore Museum
The Blackmore Museum originally existed alongside the Salisbury Museum. It w founded by Salisbury business man Mr William Blackmore to house the Squier and Davis collection of archaeological finds from the ‘pipe’ mounds of Ohio, USA. The Blackmore Museum was opened in 1867 and was managed by the Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum.The collections of the Blackmore museum were later dispersed to other museums in the 1930s and 1960s. The Blackmore museum name was removed in 1968.
Some of the collections of the Blackmore found their way into the collection of the Bournemouth Natural Science Society collection.