Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
Rome, Museo Kircheriano
82 objects from el-Amrah found their way to the Museo Kircheriano in 1901, through the personal acquaintance of Randall-MacIver with Luigi Pigorini, the central figure in prehistoric studies in Italy at that time. The distribution included a representative set of pottery, five palettes, four stone vases and a collections of beads which included greywacke and ivory pendants. A ministerial decree in 1913, separated the collection between a variety of museums which is how material from the same excavation year ended up in an archaeological museum and an ethnographic museum: the Museo Nazionale Romano Museo and the Preistorico Etnografico “Luigi Pigorini” respectively.