Ilkley, Manor House Museum
The Manor House Museum was a local heritage museum established in 1892 to preserve nearby archaeological artefacts. It was re-opened in the present building in 1961 and closed in 2015.
Elise Baumgartel's (1970) distribution study of material excavated at Naqada (1894-95) listed Ilkley Manor as one of the insitutions that looked after Predynastic Egyptian pottery from the site. Enquiries in 2016 confirmed that there were no Egyptian collections at Ilkley and that it may have at some point been transferred to Bradford Museum services and was perhaps located at Cliffe Castle Museum.