Error messageDeprecated function: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in _menu_load_objects() (line 579 of /var/www/egyptartefacts.griffith.ox.ac.uk/includes/menu.inc).
The museum holds 200 ancient Egyptian objects which are part of the Archaeology collection. Opened in 1925 as The Museum of Commerce and Transport. It followed on from Hull's participation in the 1923 Wembley Exhibition. Archaeology added in 1957 and re-named Archaeology and Transport Museum, which it stayed until 1989.
Related archive documents