Baltimore, MD, Johns Hopkins University
The musuem at Johns Hopkins was established in 1882 with the intention of using the ancient objects collected in teaching from Greece, Rome, and the Near East. In 1884, a collection of Egyptian objects were donated by a local collector, Colonel Mendes Israel Cohen. A large number of objects from the Egypt Exploration Funds excavations from 1905-18 were acquired on behalf of the Museum by James Teackle Dennis, a Baltimore native who worked on the excavations.
The Myers collection from Eton College is currently being studied and catalogued both at John Hopkins and the University of Birmingham.
Williams, Ellen Reeder. 1984. The archaeological collection of the Johns Hopkins University. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.